Monday 19 August 2013

Essie Lapiz of Luxury Review



Essie Lapiz of Luxury is a beautiful light cornflower blue, which I absolutely adore, for I love pastel colours on my nails and almost always can only wear them. Using Essie's new formula, this nail polish applies opaque in 2 coats. I used this with the Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat however forgot to apply a top coat, so after a day or two the nail polish started to chip around the edges.





Now, this colour is perfect for almost any occasion. It has a very high-shine finish, and is a beautiful fresh shade. Each coat took about 1-2 minutes to dry, and I found no streaking as it's quite a thick formula.

Overall, I can't fault this nail polish. Though it did chip, I'm afraid that was through my error of not wearing a top coat. I would recommend this for mainly a fresh look in spring or cool and icy look in winter. 

Follow me on bloglovin! 
Molly x


2 comments:

  1. Have you tried removing it yet? I find sometimes with blue nail varnishes it stains your nail so you need to wear a base coat and I was just wondering if you had to with this particular one?

    x
    http://sophhskii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's become a little favourite of mine & removing it is no trouble at all! I've worn this particular shade without and base coat with no staining, and that was removing it with the Boots Clean Off Nail Polish Remover (http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Clean-Off-Nail-Polish-Remover-150ml_1115015/)
      thanks!
      molly x

      Delete