Sunday 2 June 2013

Essie Watermelon Review

Essie Watermelon


Essie Watermelon is a beautiful fuchsia pink, with red undertones. It's the perfect summer shade, it's youthful and joyfully vibrant. Whenever I look at this shade on my nails I feel very in the mood for summer - which, if you live in England you'll know, is struggling to make an appearance.


The shade was opaque in one coat, however I applied two, for I always feel incomplete with just the one. I applied this nail polish over the Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat, and after the two coats of this nail polish I applied the No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat. I applied this nail polish 2 days ago and have minimal chipping, except a tiny chip from the top of my middle finger, which I can only blame myself for. Previously, I've worn this shade, applied with the same routine, for a week or so and it's ceased to chip or peel. 

I love the formula of Essie polishes, it's so thick, yet not gloopy. It dries pretty quickly as well, I find each coat is dry in 1-2 minutes. The new brushes are wider, which makes application so much easier, smoother and mess free.

This nail polish is a bit pricey at £7.99, however it is so worth it. The colour practically pops from your nails, chip resistant and lasts so long. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a bright, fun summer nail colour.

Toodle Pip,

No comments:

Post a Comment