Saturday 8 June 2013

The Buffing Brush vs The Flat Foundation Brush




Before I'd discovered the uses of foundation, the reason for its existence or even what it was called, I'd  pump half the bottle into my hand and slather it all over my face, delighted with my patchy, bright orange complexion *shivers*.

Once I'd been enlightened, however, and discovered there was more to make-up than my mother's make-up bag, I was fascinated. Especially by make-up brushes. How they can be the difference between orange and beige, streaky and flawless. However, only if you know how to use them.




Real Techniques Buffing Brush: Definitely my favourite of the two brushes, this buffing brush from the Real Techniques Core Collection really does what it says on the tin. It buffs foundation into the skin flawlessly. 

When I use this brush, I've finished my foundation in a few minutes, with my whole face covered and no patches missed. It ensures that your face is evenly covered, and whether you use a high street or high end foundation, using this brush will leave your face looking airbrushed and your complexion to die for. The brush is firm, but also uber soft, which makes for perfect application. This is my staple foundation brush at the moment, and I honestly can say I don't know how I lived without it. 

Washing this brush is almost a pleasure, it takes almost no time at all, and the brush always comes up spotless. Overall, I love this brush and would recommend it to anyone looking for a flawless, airbrushed-looking face.


Ecotools Flat Foundation Brush: A flat foundation brush was the first foundation brush I ever owned, an extremely cheap one from a 'bundle monster' brush set, which, thinking back, wasn't too awful quality for the price of the set, about £10 for a 15 piece set (I think...) I thought it was great, applying my tinted moisturiser with a brush. I felt so 'grown up'! However, now when I'm using them, I feel as though I'm painting my face, not pleasant. 

I find this Ecotools Flat Foundation Brush leaves my foundation streaky, and it's harder to get an even coverage. I really dislike this brush, which is a shame because the company make otherwise lovely brushes, but I suppose I was never going to like a flat foundation brush, whatever the make. 

Washing this brush is such a task and I detest it. The foundation gets right down into the roots of the brush, and no matter how much you pull the hairs apart. Overall, this brush reminds me too much of painting my face and the coverage is not what I expected from an Ecotools brush.

Toodle Pip,
Mollsie x

3 comments:

  1. You should try the real techniques expert face brush it's amazing to apply foundation, it blends it beautifully and it looks natural

    xo,
    A
    alcamori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been dying to try it for ages! The buffing brush is amazing too, but I'd love to compare them, I'm going to invest in one soon.
      Thanks!
      Mollsie x

      Delete